I have been in practice for eighteen years and I am a specialist practitioner for structural problems; back pain and sciatica, in addition I offer acupuncture for fertility; both natural fertility and assisted programs and IVF, all at the clinic in Bury St. Edmunds.
I Graduated with a Licentiate in Acupuncture (Lic. Ac.) in 2000 after four years training at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine (CICM), Reading, UK. This course is British Acupuncture Accreditation Board (BAAB) accredited and approved.
Zita West Approved Fertility Practitioner
Postgraduate Acupuncture Training with the following respected teachers in this field:
- NADA UK – National Acupuncture Detox Association
- Advanced Chinese Pulse Diagnosis – ‘Shen Hammer System’
- Giovanni Maciocia:
- Infectious Diseases
- Advanced Tongue Diagnosis
- Eight Extraordinary Meridians
- Secondary Channels
- Three Treasures Herbal Formulae
- Stephen Gascoigne: Prescription Drugs and the practice of TCM
- Angela and John Hicks: The Causative Factor – Five Elements
- Peter Deadman: Points in Practice & the I Ching
- Sara Hicks: Spirits of Points
- Peter Firebrace: Classic translations in Chinese Medicine
- Courses with the Zita West Regional Network of Acupuncturists:
- IVF, ICSI and Assisted Conception
- Natural fertility support with Acupuncture
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Nutrition in pre-conception
- Reproductive Immunology
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Ken Lloyd: Treatment of skin diseases with Chinese Herbs
- Anatomy in Motion – AiM Movement Therapy.
Insured, public liability and professional membership with CHtA.
Advanced DBS checked.
- MBACP – Member of British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Gestalt Counselling (GATE College, Cambridge 2011)
- Certificate in Advanced Professional Studies – Integrative Psychotherapy (Iron Mill Institute, validated by Bath Spa University 2001-2003)
- Clean Language Coach – Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- NLP Practitioner
You may see some Acupuncturists claiming that membership of the British Acupuncture Council (MBAcC) confers a special status, which is not accurate. The BAcC is one of the larger voluntary organisations that charges fees for services such as insurance and websites. Unfortunately there is no national UK regulation within the acupuncture profession at the present time.