I Graduated with a Licentiate in Acupuncture (Lic. Ac.) in 2000 after four years training at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine (CICM), Reading, UK.
- Zita West Affiliated Fertility Practitioner
- Public Liability Insurance cover and professional membership with CHtA.
- Full member of The Association of Acupuncture Clinicians (AAC).
- Advanced DBS checked.
Postgraduate Acupuncture Training with the following respected teachers in this field:
- NADA UK – National Acupuncture Detox Association
- Advanced Chinese Pulse Diagnosis – ‘Shen Hammer System’
- Giovanni Maciocia:
- Infectious Diseases
- Advanced Tongue Diagnosis
- Eight Extraordinary Meridians
- Secondary Channels
- Three Treasures Herbal Formulae
- Stephen Gascoigne: Prescription Drugs and the practice of TCM
- Angela and John Hicks: The Causative Factor – Five Elements
- Peter Deadman: Points in Practice & the I Ching
- Sara Hicks: Spirits of Points
- Peter Firebrace: Classic translations in Chinese Medicine
- Courses with the Zita West Regional Network of Acupuncturists:
- IVF, ICSI and Assisted Conception
- Natural fertility support with Acupuncture
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Nutrition in pre-conception
- Reproductive Immunology
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Ken Lloyd: Treatment of skin diseases with Chinese Herbs
- Postgraduate Certificate in Chinese Herbal Remedies, CICM, 2001
- Anatomy in Motion – AiM Movement Therapy Level I & II (2013)
- Anatomy in Motion – Advanced Course (2020)
- MBACP – Member of British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Gestalt Counselling (GATE College, Cambridge 2011)
- Certificate in Advanced Professional Studies – Integrative Psychotherapy (Iron Mill Institute, validated by Bath Spa University 2001-2003)
- Clean Language Coach – Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- NLP Master Practitioner
Author of Taking Control of Fibromyalgia: Following science on a natural path to health. Tristarr Publishing (2020). Available on Amazon and also as an audiobook with Audible.
Co-author of From Fibromyalgia to Freedom: Follow my journey to restore your health, by Clair Starr, Eleanor Coston & Caroline Williams. Tristarr Publishing (2020). Available on Amazon.
Is acupuncture training regulated?
Yes the British Acupuncture Accreditation Board (BAAB) sets the professional training standards for the UK. To complete a BAAB accredited course we must complete an approved 3 Year Full Time Course in Traditional Acupuncture and receive either a Licence in Acupuncture (Lic.Ac) or BSc Degree. Courses require 3,500 hours of continuous study, over a minimum of 450 days of course attendance, including 12 months of supervised clinical treatment of patients.
Are Acupuncturists regulated?
No unfortunately not. Along with other professions such as Psychotherapists and Counselling there is no legal regulation to stop someone using the name of these professions.
What professional organisations can I trust?
After qualifying from a BAAB accredited course acupuncturists can apply to join either the Association of Acupuncture Clinicians (ACC) or The British Acupuncture Council, who are the professional membership organisations in the UK.
Whoever you choose to see, please make sure they have the proper training.
Your practitioner should always hold either a Lic.Ac. or BSc (science degree) in Acupuncture.
Your acupuncturist should always advertise the qualifications they have, when they qualified, and who they are insured with. If they do not advertise this information please be very cautious.